Followers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My most ambitious Carousel Card yet!


Hi everybody, and welcome, new followers!

I just have to show my latest creation, this time it is an all floral Carousel card.  This is the result of about 15 hours of work, and I am pretty proud of it.  

The problem with a carousel card is that you can't just implement a reverse pop-up technique because you also are working on a triangle, so when the card folds closed, everything shifts diagonally in additon to folding up.  That is probably why the cards that I've seen on YouTube thus far while pretty are fairly basic, with embellishments stuck to the sides and a greeting or something decorative stuck to half of the floor. 

I wanted to see how far I can take this, and this card is the answer as of this date.  I decided on an all floral card, and I hope you like this card as much as I do.  It's kind of a mini showcase for my flowers although, needless to say, I had to omit dimensional blossoms since they wouldn't allow for folding. 

My mind is already working out the next card's theme, but I will need to focus on making on or two Mother's Day cards with this design. 

I will offer this card for sale in my Etsy shop, haven't quite decided on a price just yet.  Maybe you could all help me out by letting me know if this is something you would buy . This particular card is a standout in that I will not tackle again such an involved card anytime soon.   In the meantime, I hope you've enjoyed the little video.  Soon I will have to divide my time between working on a new release, items for my Etsy shop, and of course spring babies.  Once the first ones arrive they will be my top priority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment