Followers

Monday, July 29, 2013

Double embossed Cards and Pinwheels...

Hi everybody!

My apologies for having been so quiet.  Wildlife rehab season is starting to take its toll on me.  Over 50 animals have arrived thus far, and it has been an interesting summer in terms of rescue missions.

But that is for another blog entry, I know most of you want to know what I have been CRAFTING. 

I went to a small fair in early July in hopes to raise some funds for my wildlife rehabilitation expenses, but we got rained out.  So there were hardly any people around.  But I had made some cards and other items, which I will put out again this coming weekend here in Gardner when the "biggie" is held, the two-day Gardner Sidewalk Sales event.  It will be a first for me, I have never even thought to participate because usually my first neonate baby squirrels are here already.  This year I am passing them on to a friend because my rehab room is still full and hope to not get any prior to this weekend...   




The above three cards were made using a technique called double embossing.  It requires separate embossing folders and matting.  I didn't invent the technique, I merely designed the cards.  These can be used for just about anything, they have a fresh, airy feel about them. 


When I decided upon making pinwheels to have something for kids as well, I was looking for containers to put them in.  These owls were on sale at Michaels at 60% off.  Perfect for my table!  Don't you just love those eyes?  They crack me up every time I look at them.

It took quite a while to make all those pinwheels.  But it was also fun. 

As always, I welcome your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment