Followers

Monday, July 29, 2013

A card for a Marianne blog challenge

One of our design team members is always on the lookout for fun blog challenges.  Most times I am too busy with my critters, way too often working 16 hour days, but this one just sounded like too much fun. 

So here is my card, a twist-up design.  It is my understanding that it had to be hexacon, there were no other restrictions.  This is Chuckie, the little woodchuck that arrived more dead than alive in mid June, happily munching away on a piece of water melon.  I took that picture a few weeks ago, she is much bigger now and almost ready to be released together with her sister.  I will miss her, she is such a hoot while she is still a youngster.  Her sister is much more reserved and will be a great asset for her once I release them.

The bottom is a Spellbinders embossing folder and I painted the larger daisies for added effect, the daisies are handmade by me, the daisy leaves are a Martha Stewart punch, the sentiment is cut out with a Spellbinders die, and I affixed it with eyelets.  The top background is a Marianne LR-0242, one of the most versatile dies in my collection.  I framed the picture with Memory Box Grapevine wreath 98191 and Bramble circle 98450.

I don't like to overload cards that feature wildlife in my care, I let the picture do the talking.  This is a lucky shot, one of my favorite pictures for a long time to come.

Will they like it?  I hope so, I'd love to add a badge to my blog!  But in the meantime, do YOU like it?  Feedback, please!

Challenges:
Marianne Design Challenge- Hexagon shape

3 comments:

  1. The card turned out beautiful Sigi. Best of luck .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sigrid
    I'm sorry but we do have some rules for our challenges.
    One of the most important is to use an image of Marianne Design and futher as much as possible materials of our sponsor.
    Use used a lovely animal, but I'm afraid that is nog allowed.
    Read the rules in the sidebar
    Sorry we have to delete your card.

    Kind Regards
    Anita
    MDblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is beautiful Sigi, and it is a winner in my book. Keep up the good work and don't ever change a thing. Blessings, Carol

    ReplyDelete