Followers

Saturday, March 22, 2014

A thief came to my blog and stole...

I just learned that two of my designs, both original cards created with handmade flowers, were stolen by a person under the pseudonym Melissa 1986 and added to a challenge on www.cardmakingandpapercraft.com/challenge/spring-flower-cardmaking-challenge as her own creations.

These are the designs this person stole:


What an outrageous thing to do!  It is one thing if somebody semi recreates a design as long as credit is given to the original designer, but to steal it and submit it to challenges in hopes to win is an entirely different crime.  
I hope this person is red flagged and possibly caught and punished for doing such a rotten thing.  

Thank you, "playingwithpaper", for writing to me about this rotten deed.  I really, truly appreciate it!  

I would like to hear from others if this has happened to them and/or what can be done about that.  I have subscribed to that site and added my comments about the thefts, hopefully the challenge moderators will do the responsible thing and act immediately.  

This Melissa 1986 looked at the post where these cards are displayed on 21 March 2014, the same day she entered them in the challenge.  My visitor counter says she is from  Toledo, Ohio.  Please watch for such a visitor on your own blogs!  


1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I thought about that too, Jan, but it is really low to do that. When I recreated the Christmas carousel Bibiana made I gave her full credit for it. Who knows if this has happened before, but this person apparently does this routinely. I have ousted her on that site and submitted a few other cards. See my next entry, I think I made my point on that challenge, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete