Followers

Thursday, December 19, 2013

More Christmas creations

I have been a busy girl this season, and here are some of my Christmas items that I made.  The first one isn't my invention, I saw the concept on YouTube and went "Aaah!  How perfect for gift giving!" and added my own spin in terms of decorations and the look of the box.  A week and a few all nighters later I was finished with this mammoth project.  I had made a total of 29 gift cards...  

My husband surprised his co-workers in the office with the cards and some sweet stuff I had baked the night before, and they all loved the gifts.  Probably the most elaborate I have made to date, But they are so pretty to give and, of course, receive.  




The box inside is filled with nuggets, but you can use anything that fits into the box by height.  I chose to cover the opening with a gold mesh to prevent the chocolates from falling out.

Lots and lots of steps went into making these boxes, from cutting out the individual decorations to accurately measuring and cutting out the box top and bottom to cutting out the box cover and embossing the front cover of the card box.  I had fun, though, I don't ever make anything that I don't enjoy making.

Then I also decided to make some snowflake cards, and I chose a layered snowflake which I put together with dies and punches of different sizes and material.  Just look at all the different cards I made with the same layered snow flake!

 These two cards are the most elaborate in that I chose to inlay the background and glue ribbon around the outside as an added texture.  The inlay work is the most time consuming because the pieces fit only one way and have to be found to be sure it is the correct one.  I love doing this kind of work, but only for a while, then my eyes give out.

 These next two cards show the same snowflake in an entirely different design.  The circle background is a Cheery Lynn die, and I chose glittered white card stock as a layering medium.

The bottom one is a WOW (White On White) card, again with glitter paper as accent.  Very elegant, with stapled insert, as with all my cards.  The envelopes are also hand made and custom fit for just these cards.
You like?

1 comment:

  1. Jan, how nice of you to say that! Thank you so much! I love to create pretty things, it lets me forget for a while about problems and that is like a mini vacation. I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season as well!

    ReplyDelete