Followers

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Some creations since late fall

I will show just a few standouts I've been working on:

This was a special order wedding anniversary card:  the husband had built two Adirondack chairs from reclaimed wood and wanted a special card.  I couldn't think of a better way but to build an Adirondack chair from card stock and give the card a garden flair.  This is a one-of-a-kind card, but that is what I do:  If I can figure out a way to make it, I will build a custom card for you.




This is a large, 15 x 12" shadow box, a one-of-a-kind piece.  Except for the shadow box itself, everything you see on this picture is hand made with card stock.  Yes, even the basket is hand woven from card stock and distressed with ink to resemble the real thing.  The flowers are hand made, colored, and shaped one petal at a time.  This is a "Wow!" piece perfect as that special gift you can't find anywhere else but here. 


 Here is another shadow box, again completely made from scratch/card board.  A different looking basket this time, making a box like this takes up to a week to create.  Go ahead and zoom in and look closely at the blossoms!  If I don't like how they look they do not get to grace a bouquet.  Another one-of-a-kind piece, this one is slightly smaller than the above shadow box but no less "Wow!"

Another 15 x 12" box, and different flowers again.  My Dutchpapercrafts design team members have discovered my flowers and have started to buy them from me.  That is as high an honor and testimonial as to their quality as I can get since many of my team members have been doing this for at least 20 years.  I'm the newbie, but I've come a long way in a very short time.  This is yet another one-of-a-kind piece.  I don't like repetition, I like to create fresh and let my imagination take over.  Take a close look at those delicate and pretty blue flowers!  Do I have to repeat that this is also a one-of-a-kind shadow box? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment