Followers

Friday, December 20, 2013

Trifold Christmas Card

This is one special card I created specifically for my son.  Unfortunately it will probably arrive a little late.  This is my first trifold card and it is nowhere near as complicated as it looks.

All you need to do is cut a 6 x 12" piece of paper and score it on both short ends at 2 and 4".  Then, using a paper trimmer, cut lengthwise app. 1 1/2" from the rim between the 2" and 10" score mark.  Don't overshoot these points, otherwise the card will not fold neatly.

When top and bottom of the card have slits in them start folding the three sections so they fold opposite from each other.  When done, you should see a figure 8 when looking down onto the card.  Decorate the many individual panels, make an envelope for the card, done.  The card folds flat for mailing.

This is a fun card to make, let your imagination run wild!


1 comment:

  1. hi here Bibiana ( carousel tuto at SCS) thanks for visiting my blog ...to answer your question: for the window opening I used a die called "Small debutante frame " from memory Box, you can see it in the video at the 2:07 min...it matches the Fostyville frame) ...BUT I forgot to include this die in my supply list either at my blog and at you tube...with so many dies I had to forget one!!! GRRR!
    OH well...
    as for your blog you have amazing cards and projects I browse a little bit and I saw fantastic creations...I will be back here to visit you...
    let me know if you have more questions and Merry christmas!!!
    Bibiana
    My English Personal blog:
    http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.com/
    My blog written in French For My Memory Box : “ Un Brin de Créativité”: http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/unbrindecreativite/
    My Blog written in Spanish for Memory Box: “A Crear se Dijo!”: http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/acrearsedijo/


    ReplyDelete